Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Athletics





On Wednesday we took advantage of the fine weather and practiced some athletic skills. These are photos of us practicing relays and long jump. After we learnt the skills needed for each activity, we got to practice them. When we got back to class we made a list of the skills we needed to use to achieve the best results.

These are the skills we shared with one another:

Long Jump
I need to use one strong leg to push myself forward
I need to land on two feet
I can fling my arms forward so I can push myself further forward


Relays
I need to put one arm behind me so I am ready for the next runner
I need to use my arms and legs to give myself power to run fast
I need to sprint to the next runner
I need to look forward so I know where I am going

No comments:

Post a Comment